A Corrective Action is an action for a particular team member or everyone in your business
For more information check out:
You can add a new Corrective Action (formerly known as a Follow-Up Action) via our Mobile App, or from the Admin Console. There are many places to do this and this article will show you how!
- By adding a Blue Note, you are recording that something was not right, but that Blue Note may not be acted upon by anyone else.
- Corrective Actions define an action that needs to be completed either on a form or a form question. These can be given priorities, status and can be assigned to others for them to act on
How Corrective Actions can be used:
If your site gets audited (either internally or externally), you may get tasks you need to complete to ensure your site is safe moving forward. You can add these in the Admin Console or from the Mobile as Corrective Actions and assign them to the relevant team member to action. That way your team can:
- Be notified of the change they need to make
- Improve the process they were doing before
- Mark the action as DONE once they have completed the task
You can then get notified once they have completed the task and send the auditor the information they need to prove the change was made.
You were completing your Vehicle Check on the Mobile App. One of your Vehicles is not in good condition and needs its tyres to be changed. You added a Blue Note explaining that they were looking unsafe and you recommend them to get checked or replaced. Then set yourself a Corrective Action (or the owner of the vehicle if it is not you) to book the car in to get the tyres.
Once the tyres have been checked or replaced, then they can mark the Corrective Action as DONE.
You see an Incident form has been completed today by a staff member. The Incident was due to the team member not wearing the correct PPE for the job.
Create a Corrective Action attached to the Incident form to get the team member to complete training to show they know what PPE needs to be worn for this type of job, to ensure it doesn't happen again.
- Create a Corrective Action
- Explain training needs to be completed
- Assign it to the team member
- Attach the relevant training form you need them to complete
The team member will then get notified to complete the training form and can mark the Corrective Action as done once it has been completed.