Follow Up Actions
Assign a follow-up action to a team member and attach a form to be completed or resource to be viewed.
When adding a Blue Action Required note to a form, you can now set a follow-up task by using a Follow-up Action. This is an action that you would like a team member to complete, which can also be assisted by an attached form or resource.
You are the Site Foreman and are conducting the daily pre-start. A team member answers No to Does everyone have the appropriate training for today's task?.
What you can do is:
- Click the blue note button to explain that they haven't had the correct training for today
- Click Add a follow-up action saying complete this form once you are trained to show your understanding
- Click Add an Ad-Hoc form and select your relevant training form
- Click Assign to and select your team members name
- Click the tick and save the form
This tool can work for many different scenarios, whether you need to complete a Risk Assessment after discussing some new risks in your Toolbox Talk, set a follow up after a site Inspection, need someone to complete a training form after a near miss of incident.
Once the form has been saved the user will get a notification looking like this:
Viewing Follow-Up Actions
Once a follow-up action has been created you can then track it to monitor its completion. When the person has completed this task it will show in a few places. This can be done in a few different ways:
- Activity Stream shows when you have a Blue Note & a Follow-Up Action
- You can check the Message Console on the Admin Console to see if the task has been done
- Reports keep an updated Message console with Follow-Up Actions Completion Status. This is on the Summary Reports page on the Admin console.
- Check on the Teams Staff Training Summary. This is on the Team & Users tab on the Admin Console, open a profile and click on Training History.