Check In and Check Out
The Check-In and Check-Out buttons provide a convenient way to keep track of who is on-site.
The Check-In and Check-Out feature is one method within Site App Pro to keep track of when users visit a particular site.
When your team gets to a site they will simply:
- Select the Site they are working on
- Click the check-in button to check-in
From the dashboard, managers and admins can see notifications in the activity stream of any Check-Ins or Check Outs. These also generate a form report after a user Checks Out, which displays the time the user checks in and out and how close to the site they were at the time.
Turning on Check-in & Out
- Click on the "Business and Users" tab on the dashboard.
- Tick the box "Use Check In Feature".
- Click "Save".
The Check In feature is now enabled, and users on the mobile will be able to see the Check In button (they may need to log out and log back in first). It can be disabled at any time by un-ticking the "Use Check In Feature" box.
Checking In and Out on the mobile:
- From the diary page, click on the icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on the green "Check In" button.
- When you are leaving site click the icon in the bottom left again, and click the orange "Check Out" button.
You can view if you are checked in by the icon in the top right corner
If a location has been specified for a site and the mobile application knows that you are greater than 1000 metres away from the location, you will be asked to confirm that you are checking in. If you are checked in to one site, then change to another site, you will be given the option to Check out, or to change sites without checking out. You can only be checked in to one site at once.
Who's Checked-in On-site
It's important to know who's currently on site in case of an emergency. If you do need to know this:
- Select the site you want to know who's checked in on
- Click the Menu Icon in the top left corner
- Click Sites (or job, customer, project etc)
- Click checkins in the top right corner
This will show who is currently checked in on the Site, once they have checked out they will no longer show on the list.
Viewing Check-Ins from the web:
Check-ins and check-out are displayed int he Activities Stream on the Dashboard. To view a summary of check-in information in the reporting section:
- Click on the "Reports" tab on the menu on the left.
- Click on the Form Reports page.
- Filter by form name "Check In Check Out".
- Click on the orange page icon.
You will now have a list of all check in or check outs, which can be filtered by site and also sorted by user name. This list shows all the information that is collected by the Check In buttons such as the time of check in and the distance to the site, as well as the check out time, total time spent on site and distance.