Getting Started with Site App Pro
Getting Started: Simple steps to a successful setup
Follow these steps to get your Site App Pro account up and running. If you'd like to get a full tour of Site App Pro stay tuned for some quick-start videos coming soon!
Ingredients to a successful setup:
- Add your Suppliers & Equipment
- Set up Sites
- Download the App
- Review and customise your Health & Safety Forms
- Set up Users & get your Team on board
- Learn to monitor your Dashboard & review Reports
Choose to take 10-20 minutes on each step per day to get set up in a week, or be an overachiever and knock through all of them in a couple of hours ⌚
Step 1. Add your Suppliers & Equipment
Once you have gone through our set up wizard, you can head to the login screen and enter your login details.
Let's get your Equipment and Suppliers out of the way:
- Add equipment if you would like to use SAP to monitor equipment maintenance, store equipment manuals, and resources.
- Add suppliers such as, companies who deliver goods to you, services who do your maintenance. You can then complete delivery forms for traceability and be able to contact suppliers straight from the app.
Step 2. Set up Sites
Sites, Jobs, Projects or Clients - whatever you like to call it, set these up so your team can complete their health and safety on each site.
Do you know your sites before the day? If so, you can pre-add your sites so they are there ready for your team when they get on site. For now, just set up the Site details - we can dive deeper into all of the site's tricks & skills later.
If you mainly do one-off jobs and can find out about them on the day, you can teach your team how to add sites straight from the app.
... this brings us to step 3, downloading the app 🎉
Step 3. Download the App
Next is to download the app. You would've just been in the Administration Console where all of the setup, monitoring and reporting lives. The App is where all of your hard work comes into play, where you and your team can complete your Health & Safety forms.
It's best to have a play around on the app, so you can get comfortable with how it works. Your account should have a practice site already added so you can complete and play around with forms as you please. Try have a go at:
- Changing sites on the mobile (make sure you've added your sites from Step 2 - if you don't have any sites yet, add an additional practice site)
- Check in to Site- this feature is only available for the Standard Plan & above. If you can't find this feature, make sure it's turned on on the Admin Console.
- Completing your Daily, Weekly & Monthly scheduled forms - find these in the TODAY, THIS WEEK and THIS MONTH tabs at the bottom of the app
- Find your Ad Hoc forms by clicking the orange plus icon - this is where you will find all forms that are set to ad hoc. These can be completed any time of day & as many times as you need
- Find your saved forms - click the three lines in the top left corner & click Saved Forms to view the forms you've completed so far
Step 4. Review and customise your Health & Safety forms
Did you find that your Health & Safety forms are a bit different from what we have in the App? Everyone does Health & Safety a bit differently, so our forms may suit you just fine. If not, you can customise all of our forms content and scheduling to suit you.
- Go back to the Administration Console (computer)
- Go to Forms
- Click the pencil icon to edit any pre-existing forms schedule or content
- OR Click the orange plus icon to add your own custom forms
A few tips for you:
- If your team doesn't run to a specific schedule and each site does quite different things - then you can take the scheduling off all of your forms and set them to Ad Hoc. That way everyone will be directed straight to the orange plus icon on the app to find the form they need, they can even star/favourite the forms they use the most.
- You can't delete the SAP Default forms, if you want to take off the forms you don't use you can turn a form off completely so it doesn't show up on the app at all
Step 5. Set up Users & Get your Team on board!
Now that your account is nearly finished you can start adding your Users. If you are the only person in your team then don't worry - just skip right to setting up your notifications. If you have a few people in your team then follow the steps below:
Quick question first! Who completes your Health & Safety when you are on-site and what device will they use?
- Only the Foreman or Site Supervisor completes the Health and Safety - This means you will need to set all of your Foreman or Site Supervisors up as users
- Everyone will complete Health and Safety on their own phone - You'll need to set everyone up with their own user so they can login to their own device
- Everyone will complete Health and Safety but we have one tablet per site - You'll need to set up a user per tablet. That way each tablet can stay logged in all of the time. You will then need to set all of your workers up as team members so once the tablet is logged in they have the ability to sign off forms.
Now that your workers have access to Site App Pro, it's time to build a quick email or organise a meeting to run through:
- How to login
- How to use Site App Pro
- What forms they need to fill out
This step may take some time, but remember you are changing the way you do your Health & Safety. Adapting to change can take some time 👌
Step 6. Learn to monitor your Dashboard & review reports
You've set up your account and your team is now using it (or starting to). Let's check-in and see how the team is going with their form completion:
- Login to your Administration Console (remember this is only something Admin or Managers can do)
- Learn how to Check-in on Form Completion
- Learn how to view and export Reports - don't have reports yet? These are a paid feature!
Congrats you made it this far! Here are some bonus tips that you can use to make the most out of Site App Pro. You can set up user notifications so you can be alerted if something goes wrong, you can also use our Messaging tool, or you can try set up a SSSP by using our Safety Agreement tool.
Finally don't forget to visit our Support Portal or reach out to our Support Team help with any questions you may have!